May 21, 2012
Planning Task Force
Top Issues, Events, Trends
- Cuts in state and federal financial aid
- Student enrollment trends (targeting minority / first generation)
- Demographic shifts as the traditional minority population becomes the majority in many regions, including the North East
- Need to be both small and intimate and provide access to global resources
- Increased online information could be overwhelming; need critical thinking to help students turn information into knowledge
- Reinforce need of students to have a second language
- Increased alumni consultation — give back to the Albertus community
- "Actual" cost of College — Can our students manage it?
- Transformation from
current academic system — not going to look like it looks now (i.e.,
online, blended, credentialing, delivering)
- Customization of learning; meeting needs of individuals
- Adaptive challenges cannot be fixed/solved by throwing resources at it; also needs agility, accountability, creativity)
- Perceived vs actual cost of a degree — "communicate the value that a degree provides"
- Faculty transition — retiring faculty
- Administrative transition — managing well and effectively
- Content expertise vs Bachelors degree; how to recognize knowledge obtained outside the classroom
- Student preparedness — Are they ready? How do we assist under-prepared students?
- Increased number of
students with special needs, including disabilities, mental health
issues, and English as a Second Language; how to address these special
needs, both in classroom and online
- Long-term financial stability and sustainability
Return to Future Timeline Page
Full PTF Future Timeline Results
Please follow the link above to view the raw data that generated the list of top items above
. Please note, asterisks under an item on the sheet represent check marks indicating agreement by others at the meeting.